Eisteddfod 2019 Registration
Eisteddfod 2019 Registration
How to enter:
Please select desired section and fill out the proceeding form, then click ‘Add to Cart’. If you are entering multiple sections, you will be required to fill out this form for each section. To complete registration/payment, click the shopping cart in the top right corner and follow the onscreen prompts.
• Entries with fees are to be received by Sunday, 9 June 2019. No late entries will be accepted after this date.
• The same piece may NOT be performed by the same player in multiple sections.
• The Eisteddfod has limited enrolments in each section. Places are determined by order of registration.
• Fees are standard for all sections and are $30 per section.
• Entry fees will only be refunded if it is necessary to cancel a section. Where a participant does not show for a section or withdraws their application, fees will not be refunded.
• This Eisteddfod is not open to professional players (a person who derives the major part of his/her income from flute performance.)
• In age specific sections, the competitor will be the prescribed age as at Sunday 16 June 2019.
• Previous winners of the Championship sections are eligible to re-enter.
• A competitor must perform different music in each section and may perform in any section only once.
• Where the time limit is set, competitors must not go over the specified time. The adjudicator has the right to ring a bell to signify the end of a performance if the time limit is not observed.
• In all sections, dress and presentation will be taken into consideration.
• Photocopied music must NOT be used in any performance (other than for page turns). The Flute Society NSW accepts no responsibility for unauthorised copy of materials by entrants and assumes that no copyright laws have been infringed.
• Contestants and their accompanists must be available for the entire duration of each section entered.
• The adjudicators' decision is final, and correspondence will not be entered into.
• The Flute Society NSW accept no responsibility for accident, injury or lost property of any competitor or audience member.
• The committee reserves the right to group two or more sections together, adjust timing of sections, or to cancel any section with insufficient entries.
• The Flute Society of NSW will organise and provide accompanists for the day of the Eisteddfod.
• Accompanist details will be announced shortly.
• If contestants wish to rehearse with the nominated accompanist for their sections this must be organised and paid for by the contestant.
• Contestants are also welcome to organise their own accompanist for the performance at their own cost.
• I declare as a condition of registration to attend and/or perform in the Flute Society of NSW Eisteddfod to accept all risks necessarily flowing from my child’s participation which could result in loss or injury. Accordingly, I release the Flute Society of NSW and all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of this event from all claims, demands, proceedings arising out of my child’s participation and I hereby indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their negligence and the negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of my child’s participation in this event. The release shall extend to and include The Flute Society of NSW, MLC School, and their related companies, and their respective directors, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers, owners, licensees and occupiers of the land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted of which it is involved either directly or indirectly with the event.
• Unaccompanied competitors and audience under the age of 16 will be required to complete a permission to attend form signed by parent/guardian. This form must be submitted to the Flute Society on the day of the Eisteddfod. Download form here.
• Parent/guardian of unaccompanied competitors and audience under the age of 16 will be required to Sign-On upon arrival at the venue and Sign-Off upon leaving the venue.
Authority for reproduction and release of photographs and digital image.
• In order to report on the news and events of the Flute Society of NSW, sometimes photographs and digital video of students taken at Flute Society Events will be included on the website www.flutesocietynsw.org as well as the Flute Society Facebook page. As part of your registration, you authorise the Flute Society of NSW to release photograph(s)/ digital film footage of you or your child taken at the 2019 Eisteddfod to be used on the website of the Flute Society of NSW www.flutesocietynsw.org and Facebook page.
FOOD AND DRINKS
Snacks and drinks will be available for sale (gold coin donation) at the venue but recommend all attendees to bring their own lunches.
MLC School is within walking distance of the Burwood Westfield Shopping Mall on Burwood Rd where there is a food court.
Please note that children under the age of 16 will not be permitted to leave the venue without a responsible adult and should bring food and drinks for the day.